Name:
Location: Cambridge, CAMBS, United Kingdom

Saturday, May 13, 2006

American Dreamz...Dreamz with a Z!

I went and saw the movie American Dreamz today. It is a very hilarious satire of American Idol and I enjoyed it very much. Hugh Grant was really funny as the obvious Simon Cowell. Mandy Moore, who I didn't know much about before, was absolutely brilliant as the obvious Kelly Clarkson.

Dennis Quaid played a very funny parody of President Bush and Willem Dafoe was his Chief of Staff. Chris Klein played the unlucky boyfriend (Who is very cute btw). Also the actor who played Omer was just brilliant as the unsuccessful Taliban soldier.

As a lover of American Idol, but not a lover of their manipulation techniques, I enjoyed this movie very much. I adore satire.

I cannot understand why this movie was not more successful. It really is very funny and I am someone who has watched about 15 seasons of Idol. It also satirized our government and the goings on of today. I'm sure the references to the situation in Iraq, probably struck a few nerves, but if you take the movie in the context it's meant, it is not offensive. Well, maybe I'm not a good judge because not much offends me.

Anyway, I whole-heartedly recommend this movie. Brilliant stuff.

Related Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home