Name:
Location: Cambridge, CAMBS, United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Meeting Celebrities - Part 2

I cannot believe I forgot to include meeting the Pet Shop Boys in 1999!

It was on their Nightlife tour and I was seeing the show at the Warfield in San Francisco. I was talking to a guy ahead of me in line and after some chit chat he said "Are you going to the signing tomorrow?" I said, "WHAT SIGNING???" Neil and Chris were doing a signing the next day at Tower Records on Fisherman's Wharf.

The next day I blew off a temp job I had, and went back to SF to see them. The line was not too long and I only had to wait about two hours. We were allowed only two things to sign, so I had my copy of Nightlife and my CD single of "It's A Sin". I was very nervous going up to the table, but I managed to say hi to Neil and tell him how much I loved him. Fangirly, I know, but come on, it's Neil Tennant. I told him how much I enjoyed the show and he said thank you and was just very sweet to me. Chris wasn't feeling too well, but he was still pleasant.

I floated around for about a month after that. Neil and Chris, thank you. I look forward to the new album and tour!

Related Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home